Some people live in areas where there are a lot of deer. Though they are beautiful to watch, it may not always be easy to approach them. One of the ways in which you can attract deer so that they will be easier to observe is to build a deer feeder.
- One coffee can with lid
- Wire clothes hanger
- Duct tape
- Camouflage tape
- Peanut butter
Steps to Build a Deer Feeder
- After gathering the materials, wash the can with baking soda and water. This will remove any strong smell from the can.
- Cover the can’s body with camouflage tape. If you do not have this type of tape, paint the can with a dark color.
- Create a hole in the middle of the can. The hole should be big enough to fit the wire in.
- Next, bend the wire through the hole. The wire should come out of the hole in the shape of an “E” .
- Bend the end of the wire into a ninety-degree loop. Bring the can’s loose end from the inside out. You may hold the can vertically using the wire. The wire will not loosen from the can as you have previously tied a knot at the end.
- Drill 1/8 to 3/16 holes at the bottom of the coffee can.
- Take the molasses and peanut butter and mix them together. Place a considerable amount of this mixture in the can. The larger your can is, the more mixture you should put in. Put a lid on the other end of the coffee can to secure the mixture.
- Hang the can four to five feet above the ground in the area where you expect deer to pass by. Choose an area that has sufficient sunlight.
The mixture will melt and fall through the can’s holes to the ground. This will eventually attract deer.
Filed Under: Building
About the Author: