Make up has been used since the days of the Egyptian Pharaohs and Roman Emperors when coal was used to darken the eyebrows. Nowadays, there is an endless variety of make up available to improve or modify one’s appearance.
Types of Makeup
Foundations hide flaws and provide color to the face. They come in the form of liquid, powder, or cream.
- Powder is closely related to the foundation. This is used to set the foundation and give the complexion an even finish.
- Rouge or blusher is cheek stain used to color the cheeks and give emphasis to the cheekbones. This product comes in the form of powder, gel, or cream.
- Eye liner, eye shadow and different color pencils emphasize the eyelids.
- Mascara and eyelash extender enhance the appearance of the eyelashes. Mascara is available in a wide array of colors.
- Eyebrow pencils, gels, waxes and powders fill in and define the eyebrows.
- There are products for improving the appearance and adding color to the lips. This line of products includes lipsticks, lip gloss, and lip liners.
Tips for Putting on Makeup
To make the most of the make up products you choose, there are certain things to remember when putting on make up.
- Wash your face thoroughly with moderately warm water and a gentle soap before putting any cosmetic product. Dry every part of your face after washing it. If you are going to use foundation, make sure that it precisely matches your skin tone. For eye cosmetics, it is a good idea to use those powdered ones as pencils may look unnatural.
Filed Under: Grooming
About the Author: