If you have long hair, braiding it can give you a new look.
Steps to Braid Hair
- Beautiful braided hair begins with clean and damp hair. Apply mousse, pomade, or styling gel to it. Then blow dry it as smooth as possible.
- Separate tangle-free hair into three even sections. Take the left section and place it in between the index finger and thumb of your left hand. Take the right section and place it in between the index finger and thumb of your right hand. . Allow the middle section to hang free.
- Using your right middle finger, take the middle section of your hair. Pull the middle section so that it would pass behind the right hair section. Extend your right index finger and thumb so that the right hair section becomes the middle section.
- Using your left middle finger, do this also with the left hair section. It should become the middle section.
- Focus on the tension and smoothness of the braid sections of the hair. Next, take the section of hair that is hooked in the middle finger of your right hand, and shift it. Do this so that the said section sits between the right thumb and index finger. Do the same to the section of hair that is hooked in the middle finger of your left hand.
- Continue doing this until the desired braid length has been achieved. Tug the middle section horizontally as you pull it to the left or right, to make the braid tighter and more compact.
- Use a ribbon or rubber band to tie the ends of the hair braid.
Filed Under: Grooming
About the Author: