A Go-Cart is a small four-wheeled vehicle usually used for racing. You can build one on your own just by following these instructions.
Materials and Tools Needed
- Square and round metal tubing
- Filler material
- Chop saw
- Measuring devices
- Tube notcher
- Angle iron
- Harbor Freight pipe bender
Steps to Build a Go Cart Frame
- Sit on the floor and draw the measurements that your legs are comfortable with using chalk. Imagine that you are already inside the go cart.
You should plan to make a wider wheel base to make sure that the go cart doesn’t tip over.
- Cut the metal tubing with a chop saw and lay it out to see how the frame would look.
- Using a tubing notcher, weld the pieces of round tubing together. The round tubing must be accurately measured and wedged in the go cart frame.because this where your feet will rest.
- Connect the round tubing to the square tubing by heating the end of the round tubing and hammering it flat. Another way is sawing the round tubing flat and welding it to the square tubing.
- Use the round tubing to install a roll bar over the rider’s head and in front to prevent injury in cases of accidents. You can customize the seating arrangement and the frame with an allowance of two inches off the ground. Do not exceed two inches above the ground to maintain a solid center of gravity that will prevent your go cart from tipping over.
Steps to Build a Frame Angle
- Repeat step 1 above. This time, measure your angle frame.
- Chop off one side of the iron using a saw.
- Heat and bend it as needed.
- After getting the desired shape through bending and heating, weld the iron.
- Add the filler material to reinforce the frame.
- Decorate your frame using Harbor Freight pipe benders.
When the frame for your go cart is finished, you have the option to make or purchase a go cart seat. Choosing or making a good quality go cart seat is important because you don’t only need to be comfortable in the seat, your legs should also perform well while you are sitting. You also need to buy a go cart engine to make your go cart fully functional.