To make a pyramid, you will need the following materials:
- Sketch paper
- Pen or pencil
- Cutting tool such as a knife
- Modeling clay, Plaster of Paris, or Styrofoam
- Wooden blocks
- Plaster of Paris
- Sand-color paint
- Paint sealer
Steps to Make a Pyramid
- Make a design for the pyramid. The Internet can provide pictures of pyramids on which you can base your drawings. Since the real Egyptian pyramids were built from blocks of stone, you can use wooden blocks for a model to help you design your project.
- Choose the materials you will use. You may either use clay and Plaster of Paris, or wood and styrofoam.
- Start building the blocks for the pyramid. Use an ice cube tray to form the blocks. Put a little petroleum jelly on the tray to make it easier to take the blocks out when they harden.
- Assemble the blocks of the pyramid. Start with the pyramid’s base, gradually moving up. Once it is dry, sand the pyramid’s edges. Use a knife to cut off the edges of your pyramid if it is made of Styrofoam or clay. If you are using plaster and wood, you should smooth the edges with sand paper. Use a level to flatten edges.
- Paint the pyramid with your chosen color. If you opted to paint the pyramid, use a sealant to protect it.