Catfish is a freshwater fish that has long, whisker-like feelers hanging down from around its mouth. Catfish is rich in flavor and easy to cook, making it a common ingredient in many dishes.
Those who enjoy fishing as a hobby make it a goal to catch fresh catfish. You can also buy catfish from a local grocery or fish market. Be careful to choose the freshest you can find, as most of the fishes sold have been either frozen or transported from other locations.
Catfish can be fried, steamed, poached, baked, or grilled. They can also be used to make good soups and stews. Some of the most common ways of cooking catfish involve being dipped in some form of batter or breading and then deep fried.
Catfish fillet is one of the popular dishes you can make. You can buy fillet from local groceries. Below is a simple recipe for the dish.
Catfish Fillet With Bacon
- 4 catfish fillet
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp pepper
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- lemon juice
- cream cheese
- bread crumbs
- pimiento strips
Instructions for Cooking
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put ½ tbsp salt and ¼ tbsp pepper on 4 catfish fillets. Add one teaspoon of lemon juice over the fillets.
- Prepare the batter by combining salt, pepper, parsley, thyme, onion, celery, lemon juice, cream cheese, and bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Take the mixture and divide it into four parts. Each part will be used for one of the four fillets. Roll the fillet in the mixture.
- Sandwich the fillet between 2 pieces of bacon and hold together with a toothpick.
- Set the stuffed fillets in a baking dish and cook in the oven for twenty minutes.
- Serve with pimiento strips to garnish.