Corn on the cob is one of the easiest snacks to cook and eat. It is generally a way of cooking corn without taking out the individual kernels. There are a number of ways to make corn on the cob.
Grilling is one of the most common ways of cooking corn on the cob.
- Clean your corn. Remove the silk and the husks hanging from the tip of the corn.
- Soak the corn in water. This will allow the corn to soak up extra moisture for cooking. Soak the corn for 15 minutes prior to cooking.
- While soaking the corn, prepare your grill. Provide enough coal so that it covers the grill’s bottom grate evenly. Put charcoal fluid on the coal and light it up. Let the fire burn until you notice a light covering of gray ash on the briquettes.
- Put the cooking grate on your grill. Take out the corn from the water and remove excess water on it. Place your corn on the grill and cover it.
- Turn the corn every 10 to 15 minutes. It is done when you notice that the corn has a light brown color in all of its sides. Using tongs, take the corn from the grill and serve it.
Corn on the cob can also be steamed.
- Prepare the corn by washing it with cold water and removing all of its silk.
- Pour water in a pot and boil it.
- Once the water is boiling, put the corn on a steamer rack on top of the water. Cover the pot.
- If you are using a Turbo Cooker, you need to steam the corn for 10 minutes. If you are using a steamer basket, give it 10 to 15 minutes.