Tools That You Need
- big mirror (make sure it is big enough to help you see if you are evenly trimming each side)
- sharp scissors
- spray bottle with water
- hair clips
Steps in Cutting Hair
- Prepare the hair by getting rid of any tangles. Comb the hair gently starting from the tips to easily manage tangles.
- Gently mist the hair using your water spray bottle. It is best to cut or trim slightly damp hair to get best results. Never cut dry hair because it will be uneven and unruly.
- Divide the hair into several horizontal partitions. Use clips to separate the hair that will not be cut. Deal with each hair section one by one for a neat and more systematic hair cut.
- Start cutting on the section of hair closest to the neck. Comb through it and stop about 1/8 inch before reaching the ends. Use the scissors to cut off the 1/8 inch hair and release it. The first cut will now be your point of reference.
- Continue cutting through the different sections of the hair using the same process. Make sure that you come up with a uniform length for every section of the hair.
- Run the comb through the hair every now and then to check if there are tangles or knot ups.
- When you are done cutting through all the sections, comb the hair in place and see if there are any uneven cuts around the hair.
- Make sure that you don’t cut big chunks of hair immediately because you can never bring it back if you make a mistake. Trim small portions of hair first, especially if you are a beginner.
- Do not be in a hurry to cut a person’s hair. It will only lead to uneven or disastrous hair cut. Take time while cutting. Your diligence will be rewarded with beautifully cut hair.