This error occurs in the Microsoft Windows family and normally involves Microsoft Outlook Express. It may be caused by a conflict in the simple mail transfer protocol server when you use Outlook Express to read your mail.
What is the cause?
Error Number 0x800CCC0E is due to the behavior of Microsoft Outlook Express. Since your Outlook Express is connected to the Net using MSN, it won’t allow you to send messages to another simple mail transfer protocol server. This behavior is not abnormal. It was designed specifically to prevent any discrepancies in the server network.
How to Fix Error Number 0x800CCC0E
- To fix this, you need to meddle with a few technological processes in your computer. First, set your SMTP server to the MSN simple mail transfer protocol server. Computing skills aren’t a prerequisite for this task. But, be sure to read and follow all of the instructions on the screen to be able to finish the job efficiently. Typing in SMTP servers isn’t child’s play either. You have to be very careful not to mess up the whole thing. Remember to double check what you type in to prevent your Outlook Express from crashing.
- Navigate to the Accounts setting. You can find this option under the Tools menu. Click on the Mail tab and select the account that you want to modify. Click Properties.
- Click on the Server tab and go to the Server Information area. Delete whatever is on the outgoing mail text box and type in smtp.email.msn.com.
- Go to the Outgoing Mail Server area. At this point, you will have to authenticate your server. Go to My Server Requires Authentication and then click on Settings. Look for the Login section and then Log On.
- You will need the MSN member ID at this point. Key it in, as well as your password, in the appropriate boxes. Log on using the secure password authentication option.
- After doing all these, close your outgoing mail server box and finish setting up your account. If you feel that you can’t do this yourself, don’t even try it. It may lead to your Outlook Explorer crashing and being unusable in the end. If you feel that you have to, call a technician to do the job for you. That way, you are assured of success.