There are many ways to get rid of nasty ink stains on your clothes. Here are some of them:
- Use hair spray. Spray it on the stain spot and let the liquid sit for a minute or two. After that, wipe it mildly while running it under cold water. You may have to repeat this several times, but the ink will really come off. This procedure works best on pen-ink stains.
- Use bleach for stained white clothes. There are a lot of bleaching sodas available in the market. Pour an amount proportional to the size of the stain and let it sit for a minute. After that, wash the cloth with soap. Do not rub vigorously, as you may destroy the cloth. The bleaching chemicals may be too strong for the fabric.Rub alcohol on small ink stains (one square inch) that have not yet dried. Place a small amount of alcohol in a cotton ball. Rub it on the cloth until the stain comes off and transfers to the cotton ball.
- Pre-soak detergent can remove mild or light stains. Immerse the stained clothing in water with pre-soak detergent for a few hours. Then wash it again.
- Nail polish remover dissolves ink. Pour an ample amount of nail polish remover in a bowl where you will put your stained clothing. Soak it there for three to four hours. After that, scrub the stained area with your washing soap and water. Use a nail brush or an old toothbrush to scrub it. Repeat if you have to. The ink will come off eventually because it is a non polar substance and nail polish remover is a non polar solvent.
- Fresh milk absorbs ink. Put your stained garment into a bowl of milk. Instead of soaking it, rinse it and you will notice that the milk sops up the ink. Throw the milk away when it gets too “inky”. You may repeat the process until the stain fully comes off.
Filed Under: Miscellaneous
About the Author: