Have you noticed that everywhere you go you see ants? In your food, in your clothes, they are just too much to handle. Luckily there are in fact homemade remedies you can do to get rid are these pests. Here is how you can get rid of these critters in just a few simple steps.
- Corn Meal
- House Cleaning Supplies
- Laurel Leaves
- Food Storage Containers
- Maple Syrup
- Cream of Wheat
- Completely Remove the ant’s food supply.
- Refrain from keeping anything strong in open bags.
- Make chalk lines around the areas that you would like the ants to avoid.
- Use laurel leaves in your food containers to detract the ants from your food.
- Sprinkle cornmeal where you see ant gatherings (ants die from eating cornmeal).
- Set saucers with maple syrup at unique positions around your house (the ants will get stuck).
- Set small saucers of cream of wheat (uncooked food eaten by ants cause them to explode).
- Spray a mixture of rubbing alcohol, dish washing liquid and water on all opening that the ants enter or exit.
- To help eliminate the ants food supply clean your ‘food handling appliances’, such toasters, blenders etc. on a regular basis.
- Sweep or vacuum the kitchen floor regularly.
- Empty your trash bins regularly
- Use trash bags to make emptying your trash can easier.
- Be sure to read the warning notes on the back of all chemicals before you use them.