Can you imagine how many persons would fall while going up and down a stairway if there where no railings? Do not allow this to happen to you. Installing a stairway can be affordable and easily installed.
In a few easy steps you will have a safer house just follow the instructions listed below.
- Mounting Bracelets
- Chalk Line
- Screw Driver
- Calculate the height of the handrail.
- Mark the top and bottom of your staircase.
- Draw chalk lines between the two marks.
- Mark your mounting locations on the studs with a stud finder.
- Using the chalk lines as a guide mark the holes for your mounting bracelets.
- Drill pilot holes into the studs.
- Screw your mounting bracelets to the wall.
- Cut your handrail to the length you want it.
- Paint your handrail in desired color.
- Allow to dry.
- Fasten the handrail to the mounting bracelets.
- Try using powder instead of actual chalk as it is easier to remove than the chalk.
- Use protective gears such as goggles and gloves when applying paint.
- Use darker shades of paint on the railing as dirt and grime become visible easier on lighter colors.
- Ensure that each railing is securely attached.
- If your house has old plaster and lath walls then you may be required to purchase longer screws.
- Never attempt to make use a home made bracket for mounting and supporting a handrail.
- In a case that your handrail bends or covers more than one section of the wall then install each section as independent units.