Making fairy wings for yourself or your child is an enjoyable activity. Here are the things you will need for this fun project.
- 4 pieces of wire coat hangers
- Duct tape
- Glitter and paint
Steps to Make Fairy Wings
- Take two wire hangers. Cut off the hooks of each hanger at the part where the spiral starts. Take one hanger and bend the spiral part to the right. Take the second hanger and bend its spiral part to the left.
- Get the two parts you have twisted and make them overlap each other. Using pieces of duct tape, secure the overlap tightly.
- Take the two remaining hangers and perform the previous steps on them.
- Once you have finished the two sets of hangers, bend each one to the desired wing shape. To create the shape of butterfly wings, make the top wings wide and the bottom wings thin. If you want the shape of a dragon fly wing, make the hangers into a long oval. Use duct tape to attach the two sets of wings together.
- Take four socks. Ideally, you should have knee-high socks as these would surely cover the entire wing. Stretch each of the socks over each wing. Twist the set of wings while holding the socks together. Hook the socks on the wire hanging out of the wing. Wrap the socks in the middle to make sure they won’t come off.
- Apply glue to the middle of the wings. Place the glue on the side where your back would be. Let the glue dry and then paint the wings with the desired color and add glitters.
- Attach the arm bands to the wings and try them out.