Pork loin is a cut of meat that comes from the top of a pig’s rib cage. They can be bought already cut and marinated from delis or groceries. There are several ways to prepare dishes using this meat cut, including baking and grilling.
You can also roast this meat cut. Begin by buying a lean loin with an approximate weight of 2 pounds.
Steps in Roasting Boneless Pork Loin
- Begin by preheating the oven to 325-350° F (163-177° C).
- Prepare the garlic rub mixture. Peel 4 cloves of garlic. Mince the garlic and place them in a bowl along with 1 ½ tablespoons of dried rosemary. Add in a teaspoon of salt and ground black pepper. Mix the ingredients well.
- Pierce the meat in several spots using a skewer or fork. This will allow the ingredients to seep in and enhance the flavor and juiciness. Then, massage the garlic rub mixture into the whole pork loin.
- Brush the entire loin with olive oil. Place the meat into a baking dish, and put it inside the preheated oven.
- After 30-45 minutes, pour a little red wine onto the meat. Wait for another 15 minutes for it to finish cooking. Take the meat off the oven and lay it on a serving platter for approximately 20 minutes while covered in aluminum foil.
- While waiting, you can take the drippings on the dish and mix some wine with it. You can pour this sauce over the sliced meat before serving it.
Another Way of Preparing Roasted Pork Loin
If you want a more flavorful roasted pork loin, you can marinate the meat.
- Mix a dash of lemon juice, a little olive oil, herbs, and spices. Marinate the meat in this mixture for at least one hour. The longer the meat is marinated, the more flavorful it becomes.
- Preheat the oven to 325-350° F. Put the entire piece of meat on a grate. Set this in a roasting pan, then put it into the oven. Bake the loin for half an hour for every pound it weighs. If you purchased 2 pounds of loin, that’s about one hour of baking.
- After completing the initial cooking time, place a meat thermometer into the center of the loin. Your meat is fully cooked if the thermometer reads at least 160° F. Continue baking until the temperature of the meat is above this temperature.
- Remove the pork loin from the oven and let it sit for at least 10 minutes. Slice it and serve.