Rubik’s Cube can be solved through several methods. Below are the steps that make up the most common way of solving the Rubik’s Cube:
- Examine the Rubik’s Cube. Choose a side and a color. Make a cross of your chosen color at that side.
- Rotate the cross. Repeat this step until you see that some of the cubes at the sides start to match. If you match one color, keep rotating. It is possible to match two colors if you rotate further.
- Find the cross pieces that do not match and swap them. There are two possible situations here: either the two bad pieces are located at opposite sides, or they are beside each other.
- To solve either of the two cases, move one of the pieces to the upper layer. Then, rotate the upper layer until it matches the other piece.
- Insert the four corner pieces to the bottom layer. Start with the color which you first chose. If there is a piece at the top layer, rotate the top layer until the piece is directly on top of where it should be. Then rotate the pieces until the piece goes to the bottom of the cube along with the pieces having the same color.
- The bottom layer is now solved. Perform the same steps on the middle and top layer. Once you have solved one of the sides of the Rubik’s Cube, you can perform the same procedures on the other sides. Just be careful not to move the side you have previously solved.