Learning how to write business letters can help you gain more associates and increase your chance of succeeding in any business venture.
Steps to Write a Business Letter
- At the top of the letter, place the name, position, and address of the person you are writing to.
- Leave two spaces and write the date. An alternative is to write the date two spaces above the name of the addressee.
- Leave two spaces and write the salutation. You can use Mr. for men and Ms. for women. If the person has a specific designation such as a doctor, you need to use the appropriate title.
- At the first paragraph of the body of the letter, state your reason for writing.
- At the second paragraph, state any request you may have, or any action you wish the person would take.
- Close the body of the letter by thanking the person.
- After the body, use a closing statement such as “Yours faithfully”.
- Leave four spaces and write your full name, and below it your title.
- Place your signature between the closing statement and your name.
Here are a few things to remember while writing a business letter.